Logo MyThaiLove

What happens if your ex leaves the country with your child?

Home » More Thailand dating blogs

What to Do if Your Ex Leaves the Country with Your Child

Check Your Custody Order

If you and your ex-spouse have a custody agreement, check the terms of the order. This document outlines each parent’s custodial rights, including decisions about leaving the country with the child. If your ex-spouse is trying to take your child out of the country without your consent, you may need to take legal action.

Understand Move-Away Laws

In California, there are specific laws regarding moving children out of the country. If your ex-spouse has sole custody, you can only prevent them from taking your child abroad if you can prove it will harm the child. Consult with a family law attorney to understand how these laws apply to your situation.

Know About Your Child’s Passport

To prevent international abductions, both parents must sign a child’s passport application unless one parent has sole custody. If you do not give consent for your child to leave the country, the U.S. Department of State will not issue a passport. Enroll in the Children’s Passport Issuance Alert Program for notifications about passport requests.

Consult with a Family Attorney

If you are concerned about your ex-spouse taking your child out of the country without permission, contact a family law attorney immediately. A lawyer can help prevent abduction and assist with legal matters related to custody. It’s essential to protect your rights and your child’s best interests.

For expert advice on navigating custody issues when your ex leaves the country with your child, contact My Thai Love at [mythailoveofficial@gmail.com]. Our matchmaking and dating advisory service can provide guidance and support during this challenging time.

More Thailand dating advice

© My Thai Love 2024 | Privacy | Terms | Blog | Signup for Women